reklama
Forum BabyBoom

Dzień dobry...

Starasz się o maleństwo, wiesz, że zostaniecie rodzicami a może masz już dziecko? Poszukujesz informacji, chcesz się podzielić swoim doświadczeniem? Dołącz do naszej społeczności. Rejestracja jest bezpieczna, darmowa i szybka. A wsparcie i wdzięczność, które otrzymasz - nieocenione. Podoba Ci się? Wskakuj na pokład! Zamiast być gościem korzystaj z wszystkich możliwości. A jeśli masz pytania - pisz śmiało.

Ania Ślusarczyk (aniaslu)

• Czy pomożesz Iwonie nadal być mamą? Zrób, co możesz! Tu nie ma czasu, tu trzeba działać. Zobacz
reklama

Czy poród bez bólu jest naprawdę możliwy?

weronika_

Zaciekawiona BB
http://www.compleatmother.com/articles2/childbirth/pain_free.shtml
Is pain-free birth really possible?

Czy poród bez bólu jest naprawdę możliwy?

From Laurie's Thoughts on Childbirth Frequently Asked Questions
Z Myśli o często zadawanych pytaniach na temat porodu, Laurie Morgan
Bardzo interesujący artykuł. Poniżej przetłumaczyłam około połowy artukułu, jeśli będziecie zainteresowane resztą dajcie znać, w tej chwili nie dam rady przetłumaczyć nic więcej.

Isn't it ironic and sad that so many pregnant women fearfully avoid such common substances as sodium, nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol for months, and yet at their baby's birth -- the crowning moment of all that care and hard work, that if added up, amounts to just a few short hours pain if any -- the majority today are all to eager to be pumped full of narcotics? Self appointed "guilt-busters" seem to lurk around every corner to encourage women not to feel bad about placing themselves and their babies at such tremendous risk. While it's true that women should not suffer martyr-style through childbirth, fortunately the issue is not really so black and white as "take drugs or suffer."

Czy nie jest to smutne, że tak wiele kobiet miesiącami bojaźliwie unika tak powszechnych substancji jak sód, nikotyna, kofeina czy alkohol, a podczas porodu – w najważniejszym momencie całej tej troski i ciężkiego trudu, i jeśli by wszystko dodać to tylko kilka godzin bólu, jeśli wogóle – większość jest tak strasznie chętna żeby dać się naszprycować narkotykami? Samozwańczy „niszczyciel winy” zdaje się czyhać w każdym rogu żeby namówić kobiety żeby nie czuły się źle narażając siebie i swoje dzieci na tak straszliwe ryzyko. Podczas gdy jest prawdą, iż kobiety nie powinny cierpieć katuszy podczas porodu, na szczęście sprawa ta nie jest tak naprawdę czarn-biała jak „przyjąć narkotyk czy cierpieć”.
It's important to any discussion about pain relief in childbirth, that we first consider a drug-free birth a minimum safety standard rather than merely one of many acceptable options, whether some women are able to attain that standard or not. Once we agree that this is true, we then can accept the responsibility to look long and hard for ways to enable ourselves to attain that goal. Many women give up early on in the fight because so many have become convinced that childbirth is unavoidably, severely painful, and most women understandably have no compunction to subject themselves to torture.
W każdej dyskusji na temat ukojenia bólu podczas porodu naprawdę ważne jest to, że będziemy rozpatrywać poród bez środków farmakologicznych raczej jako minimalny standard bezpieczeństwa niż wyłącznie jako jedną z dostępnych opcji, niezależnie od tego czy niektóre kobiety są w stanie osiągnąć ten standard czy nie. Jak tylko zgodzimy się, że to prawda, możemy wtedy zaakceptować odpowiedzialność długiego i trudnego poszukiwania sposobów umożliwienia sobie osiągnięcia tego celu. Mnóstwo kobiet poddaje się wcześnie w tej walce ponieważ tak wiele jest przekonanych, że nie można uniknąć strasznego bólu przy porodzie i nie trudno zrozumieć, iż większość kobiet nie ma skrupułów żeby poddać się torturom.
I myself would never suggest that a woman should endure tremendous levels of pain in order to keep from using drugs. Exactly the opposite, I think all women should experience a joyful pleasurable birth as I did and as a pleasant aside, not need to use drugs. Many women strongly object to the suggestion that birth can be enjoyable for many reasons, the greatest of which I suspect is the great disappointment some women feel at having painful births after being told that painless birth was attainable by following a few simple rules.
Sama, nigdy nie polecałabym kobiecie żeby znosiła niesamowity poziom bólu tylko dlatego żeby uniknąć użycia środków farmakologicznych. Dokładnie odwrotnie, myślę, że wszystkie kobiety powinny doświadczyć radosnego i przyjemnego porodu, tak jak ja tego doświadczyłam, z dodatkową przyjemnością, że bez środków farmakologicznych. Mnóstwo kobiet z różnych powodów silnie zaprzecza sugestii, że poród może być przyjemny, najważniejszym z nich, podejrzewam jest, rozczarowanie, które czują niektóre kobiety mając bolesny poród, po tym jak powiedziano im, iż mogły osiągnąć bezbolesny poród gdyby tylko zastosowały kilka prostych zasad.
My opinion, however, is that painless drug free birth is a real possibility for all women, and that we just need to share accurate information. Not the least of which is the fact that a belief that birth has to be painful is enough to cause birth to hurt. That's called a self fulfilling prophecy, and the truth is that that belief is hard to get away from in our culture, where every woman shares her torture stories with pregnant women, and T.V. and movies constantly bombard us with the idea that the traumatic medical model of birth is the norm.
Jednak moim zdaniem, wszystkie kobiety mogą przeżyć bezbolesny poród bez użycia środków farmakologicznych, musimy tylko podzielić się odpowiednimi informacjami. Sama wiara w to, że poród musi być bolesny może spowodować to, iż poród boli. Nazywane jest to samospełniającą się przepowiednią, i prawdą jest, iż w naszej kulturze trudno jest się wyzbyć wiary, gdy każda kobieta dzieli się swoimi historiami z tortur porodu, telewizja także ciągle bombarduje nas założeniami, iż traumatyczny, zmedykalizowany model porodu to norma.
While I will concede that different women have differing levels of tolerance for pain, I personally have no tolerance for it. I'm a wimp! But because of information I gained through reading the books Unassisted Childbirth by Laura Shanley, Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize, and Childbirth Without Fear by Grantly Dick Read among others, I was able to have two nearly pain-free births. In one I experienced about six painful contractions in all, because of a moment of self doubt and fear, and in the other the pain was so minimal as to be laughable, but like I said I'm a wimp, and I complained about it anyway.
Podczas, gdy ja uznaję, iż różne kobiety mają różny poziom wytrzymałości bólu, ja osobiście nie mam żadnej wytrzymałości na ból. Jestem mięczakiem! Ale dzięki informacjom jakie zdobyłam czytając książki „Poród bez pomocy” Laury Shanley, „Supernaturalny poród” Jackie Mize i „Poród bez strachu” Grantly Dick Read i inne, byłam w stanie osiągnąć prawie bezbolesny poród. Podczas jednego z porodów miałam około 6 bolesnych skórczy, ponieważ na moment zwątpiłam w siebie i się przestraszyłam, a podczas następnego ból był tak minimalny, że można by się uśmiać, ale tak jak powiedziałam jestem mięczakiem i narzekałam tak czy inaczej.
To understand why I feel that it is possible for all women to have drug free, pain-free births, you might have to read those books yourself, but let me at least say that pain is not a natural part of any healthy bodily function. On the contrary, pain is an indicator of something being wrong with the body, so in order to relieve pain we must discover the cause. The causes of pain in childbirth are too numerous to mention here, but a few are: 1) tension of any sort, 2) deeply held beliefs (even subsconcious) that childbirth must be painful, 3) any fear, 4) being monitored or watched, and 5) intervention.
Żeby zrozumieć dlaczego czuję, iż jest to możliwe, że wszystkie kobiety mogą mieć bezbolesny poród bez użycia środków farmakologicznych, możliwe, że będziesz musiała przeczytać sama wszystkie te książki, ale pozwól mi przynajmniej powiedzieć, że ból nie jest naturalną częścią funkcjonowania zdrowego organizmu. Przeciwnie, ból jest wskaźnikiem, że coś złego dzieje się w organiźmie, więc żeby uśmierzyć ból musimy odkryć co go spowodowało. Powody bólu podczas porodu są zbyt zróżnicowane żeby wszystkie wymienić, ale kilka to: 1) jakiego kolwiek rodzaju napięcie, 2) głęboko skrywana wiara (nawet podświadoma), że poród musi boleć, 3) jakikolwiek strach, 4) bycie nadzorowaną, obserwowaną, 5) ingerencja.

reklama
Lets be clear, even if you or someone you know did what people like Lamaze and Bradley told you to do to have a "natural" birth, and still had pain, that doesn't mean that you had to have pain or that it was inevitable. While it is true that drugs in childbirth can increase the need for "assistance" in birth, it is also true that assistance itself also causes pain. There is nothing "natural" about birthing in a hospital, for instance. With people constantly looking at and touching your most private parts, sticking tubes, wires and needles into you, telling you what to do, and a gazillion other intrusive things, it would be hard to eat without getting a tummy ache, let alone give birth painlessly.
Żeby ująć to jasno, nawet jeśli jesteś kimś kto zrobił wszystko co ludzie tacy jak Lamaze i Bradley powiedzieli ci żeby zrobić w celu „naturalnego” porodu, i wciąż czułaś ból, to nie znaczy, że musiałaś czuć ból, i że było to nieuchronne. Podczas, gdy prawdą jest, iż użycie środków farmakologicznych może zwiększyć potrzebę „pomocy” przy porodzie, prawdą jest również, że ta pomoc sama w sobie powoduje ból. Nie ma, np. nic „naturalnego” w rodzeniu w szpitalu. Wokół ludźmi, którzy ciągle na ciebie patrzą i dotykają w najbardziej prywatnych częściach ciała, wkładają w ciebie rurki, przewody i igły, mówiąc ci co robić, i mnóstwo innych ingerencji, w tych warunkach trudno coś zjeść żeby nie mieć bólu brzucha a co dopiero urodzić bezboleśnie.
Have you ever heard that you should leave a mamma cat alone when she's in labor, or you will endanger the whole birth process? In her book Laura Shanley pointed out that this is written explicitly, right in the cat care manual put out by one of the main cat food manufacturers! The same holds true for humans, only humans are self conscious and often believe that they "need" help to birth well. The truth is that women are perfectly able to birth all by themselves and to enjoy the whole process. Birth is an extension of our sexuality and is meant to be pleasurable.
Czy kiedykolwiek słyszałaś, że powinno się zostawić rodzącą kotkę samą przy porodzie, w innym razie zdasz na niebezpieczeństwo cały proces porodowy? Laura Shanley w swojej książce, że jest to wyraźnie opisane w przewodniku opieki nad kotami, wydanym przez jednego z głównych producentów karmy dla kotów! To samo jest prawdą dla ludzi, tylko, że ludzie są samoświadomi i często wierzą w „potrzebę” pomocy żeby dobrze urodzić. Prawdą jednak jest, iż kobiety są perfekcyjnie zdolne żeby urodzić same i cieszyć się całym procesem. Poród jest przedłużeniem naszej seksualności i powinien być przyjemny.
I don't mean that women should try for sensationless birth. To me that's what drugged birth is about. What I mean when I suggest that birth can be painless is that we can experience the uterus contracting, and pelvis opening up as pleasurable, probably strong sensations, but not painful. You can still feel your muscles working when you exercise them, even if they don't hurt right? You can feel it when you open your mouth from tightly closed to wide open, all without pain right? Well, all the physiological (physical) processes involved in birth are naturally just as "painless".
Nie uważam żeby kobiety powinny próbować porodu bez uczuć. Tym dla mnie jest poród przy użyciu środków farmakologicznych. To co mam na myśli sugerując, iż poród może być bezbolesny jest to, iż możemy doświadczyć skurczy i otwarcia miednicy jako coś przyjemnego, prawdopodobnie jako silne uczucie, ale nie bolesne. Wciąż czujesz pracujące mięśnie gdy ćwiczysz, nawet jeśli nie bolą, tak? Czujesz gdy otwierasz usta z całkowicie zamkniętych do szeroko otwartych, wszystko bez najmniejszego bólu, tak? Wiec, wszystkie fizjologiczne (fizyczne) procesy związane z porodem są naturalnie tak samo „bezbolesne”.
The uterus was built for the work it does and the pelvis was designed to open up for a baby. My own births have been great examples of this principle. If you've read my second daughter Angelica's birth story you may remember that I say that when I stood up I couldn't stand the intensity of the sensation, as if the birth would happen "too fast"? At that point I still had some residual feelings of unworthiness towards a quick, pleasurable birth. I'm not saying birth has to be quick to be pleasurable, but there's only a few inches between baby and the world, so I think it shouldn't take a whole lot of time without any mental, emotional, or physical barriers. During my third birth, I still struggled to feel deserving of a completely painless birth, but the pain I did experience I would trade any day for a stubbed toe!
Macica została stworzona żeby wykonywać pracę jaką wykonuje, i miednica została zaprojektowana tak żeby się otworzyć dla dziecka. Moje porody są świetnym tego przykładem. Jeśli czytałaś historię porodu mojej drugiej córki Angeliki, może pamiętasz, że powiedziałam, że gdy stanęłam nie mogłam wytrzymać intensywności wrażenia, że poród mógłby przebiec „za szybko”? W tamtym momencie nadal miałam szczątkowe uczucie na temat bezwartościowości szybkiego, przyjemnego porodu. Nie mówię tutaj, iż poród musi być szybki żeby był przyjemny, ale jest wtedy tylko kilka cali dzielących dziecko ze światem, więc uważam, że nie powinno to zająć dużo czasu bez mentalnych, emocjonalnych i fizycznych przeszkód. Podczas mojego trzeciego porodu, wciąż zmagałam się z uczuciem żeby czuć że zasługuję na totalnie bezbolesny poród, i ból jakiego doświadczyłam mogłabym wymienić każdego dnia za przekłuty palec! (nie wiem czy dobrze przetłumaczyłam ostatnie zdanie).
Author Laura Shanley has some excellent belief suggestions listed on her webpage: http://www.unassistedbirth.com/belief.htm Some of those that I found most helpful towards this end are, "I believe I love myself", "I believe I forgive myself", "I believe I trust myself", "I believe I am not ashamed of my body", "I believe I am not ashamed of my sexuality", "I believe I am not guilty", "I believe I am innocent"....Some that I have said to myself are, "I believe that I deserve a pleasurable birth", "I believe that I deserve an "easy" birth", "I believe that I deserve a quick birth". These are not mandates for how my birth should go, just affirmations that I am deserving of such good things. This has been hard for me to believe because of the abuse in my background, and my sad experience with the midwives really hammered that all home, but with time I've made great strides.
Autorka Laura Shanley ma kilka świetnych sugestii wierzeń wymienionych na jej stronie: http://www.unassistedbirth.com/belief.htm. Kilka z nich, które mogą być najbardziej pomocne to: „Wierzę, kocham siebie”, „Wierzę, że sobie wybaczam”, „Wierzę, że ufam sobie”, „Wierzę, iż nie wstydzę się swojego ciała”, „Wierzę, iż nie wstydzę się swojej seksualności”, „Wierzę, że nie jestem winna”, „Wierzę, że jestem niewinna”.... Kilka z tych, które mówiłam sobie to: „Wierzę, że zasługuję na przyjemny poród”, „Wierzę, iż zasługuję na”łatwy” poród”, „Wierzę, iż zasługuję na szybki poród”. To nie są zarządzenia jak powinien przebiec poród, tylko afirmacje, że zasługuję na takie dobre rzeczy. Na początku trodno mi było w to wierzyć ze względu na nadużycia w moim środowisku, i moimu smutnymu doświadczeniu z położnymi, które było wbite we mnie, ale z czasem sobie z tym poradziłam.

Something very helpful that minister Joyce Meyers taught me about beliefs and the time it takes to change them is that our negative beliefs are habits. There are negative habits and positive habits of course, and just like it can take time, repetition, practice, and hard work to get into our habitually negative thought patterns, sometimes it takes the same to get out of them. She used the example of the habit of smoking; how when you just start to smoke, you usually choke and sputter and it takes some effort and then it takes weeks to develop it into an addictive habit. Well, just like it takes time to start smoking, most people don't find it easy just to drop it in a day or two either. I used to smoke, so that's a helpful analogy for me. Though I understand it's not universal I believe it's still helpful. None of this means that I am doomed to have difficulty getting rid of old negative thinking patterns, but rather that I don't need to get discouraged if my thinking doesn't turn around as fast as I want it too.
Coś bardzo pożytecznego czego nauczyła mnie pastorka Joyce Meyer o wierze i czasie jaki jest potrzebny na ich zmianę to to, że nasze negatywne wierzenia to nawyki. Oczywiście są pozytywne i negatywne nawyki, i tak samo jak potrzebny jest czas, powtarzanie, praktyka i ciężka praca żeby przyzwyczaić się do negatywnych wzorów myślowych, czasami potrzeba tego wszystkiego żeby się ich pozbyć. Użyła ona przykładu palenia; gdy zaczynasz palić, najczęściej krztusisz się, prychasz i wymaga to pewnego wysiłku, i wtedy potrzeba tygodni żeby rozwinąć to do uzależnienia. Wiec, tak jak potrzeba czasu żeby zacząć palić, dla większości ludzi nie jest łatwe rzucenie palenia wciągu jednego lub dwóch dni. Kiedyś paliłam więc to pomocna dla mnie analogia. Chociaż rozumiem, iż nie jest to uniwersalne, wierzę, że wciąż pomocne. Nic stąd jednak nie znaczy, iż jestem skazana na trudności żeby wyzbyć się negatywnych wzorów myśleniowych, raczej, że nie muszę się zniechęcać jeśli moje myślenie nie zmieni się tak szybko jakbym sobie tego życzyła.
All theories and reasoning aside, if you get to the point of birthing at home unassisted and still experience severe pain in labor you will want to know what can be done about it right then and there. It would be a shame to ditch all your hard won preparations in the last minute just because you were unprepared to handle the sensations of birth. I was asked by a good friend for a couple suggestions for easing labor pain while talking to her while she was in this very circumstance. Here are some suggestions that came to my mind:
Wszystkie teorie i rozumowanie na bok, jeśli dojdziesz do punktu przy nienadzorowanym porodzie w domu i nadal bedziesz czuła poważny ból będziesz chciała wiedzieć co można wtedy zrobić. Byłoby to wstydliwe, żeby porzucić całe przygotowanie w ostatnim momencie tylko dlatego, że nie byłaś przygotowana żeby dać sobie radę z porodem. Moja dobra przyjaciółka zapytała mnie o kilka sugestii żeby ułatwić sobie poród w momencie gdy właśnie była w tej sytuacji. Tutaj jest kilka sugestii, które przyszły mi do głowy:
Strong massage on my low back really helped me handle contractions, and other forms of massage may help. Maybe your older children can even help massage you? Leaning your back against a firm surface can perform the same function if you are laboring alone. Massaging your belly and thighs can be very helpful too. Perhaps try massaging to a rhythm. If you have a hand held electric massager, a footbath, a hot tub, whirlpool, or one of those portable waterjet machine for the bath, this is a great time to try them out! A handheld shower massage or even just a plain hot shower are very nice during labor.
Silny masaż dolnej części kręgosłupa naprawdę pomógł mi znieść skurcze, inne formy masażu również mogą pomóc. Może twoje starsze dzieci mogą cię masować? Oparcie kręgosłupa o jakąś twardą powierzchnię również może pomóc jeśli rodzisz sama. Masowanie brzucha i ud również może być pomocne. Może spróbuj masować do jakiegoś rytmu. Jeśli masz ręczny massager elektryczny, wodne urządzenie do masażu stóp, wanne z masażem czy jakiekolwiek z podobnych urządzeń, to najlepszy czas żeby je wyprobować! Ręczny masażer prysznicowy albo zwykły gorący prysznic jest bardzo miły w czasie porodu.
One suggestion I've heard but never tried is holding a comb in each of your hands with the teeth pressing into your palms. This is supposed to touch special pressure points that help ease labor pain. I've also heard that calcium and magnesium supplements, red raspberry leaf tea, and the herbal preparations pn6 and 5w ease labor pain in different ways, though I can't vouch for them, since I've not tried them.
Jendą radę, którą słyszałam, ale nigdy nie wypróbowałam jest trzymanie grzebienia w każdej ręce zębami przyciskającymi dłoń. To ma za zadanie naciskanie na specjalne punkty na rękach, które pomagają zelżyć ból porodowy. Słyszałam również, że suplementy wapnia i magnezu, herbata z liści maliny i ziołowe preparaty PN6 i 5W łagodzą ból porodowy na różne sposoby, jakkolwiek nie mogę za nie ręczyć ponieważ nigdy ich nie wypróbowałam.
A couple of ladies I know that gave birth painlessly remarked that looking upward made any sensations of pain go away completely. I've never tried this myself either, but it sure couldn't hurt! Another unusual but possibly accurate opinion I've heard is that a full bowel can cause unnecessary pain during labor. The folks that claim this recommend a plain water enema before labor, which has long been promoted of as a labor stimulant as well, by many birth attendants.
Kilka kobiet jakie znam, które miały bezbolesny poród mówiło, że patrzenie w górę odsuwało kompletnie wrażenie bólu. Nigdy nie spróbowałam tego sama, ale jestem pewna, że nie może to zaszkodzić! Jeszcze jedna niezwykła ale możliwie poprawna rada jaką słyszałam to to, iż pełne jelita mogą powodować ból przy porodzie. Osoby, które tak twierdziły sugerowały, lewatywę wodnę przed porodem, od dawna jest to również promowane jako stymulacja porodu, przez personel uczesticzący w porodach.

ja oglądałam kiedyś taki film pt. poród w ekstazie. fragmenty są na youtube. polecam. ale podstawa to nastawienie psychiczne ;) psyche i soma łączą się ze sobą.

[video=youtube;h5bm9-B6Ec4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5bm9-B6Ec4[/video]

Ostatnia edycja:
Remember that making love (all forms - even just cuddling, kissing and hugging) can help in many ways, even if you're not "in the mood"; by relaxing the pelvic muscles, ripening the cervix, relieving tension, producing helpful hormones etc. Definitely masturbate to orgasm if you can, manually or with a massager, as this is a superb way to direct your energy and focus toward pleasure, relaxaton and opening up.
Pamiętaj, że kochanie się (wszystkie formy – nawet przytulanie czy pocałunki) może pomóc na wiele sposobów, nawet jeśli „nie jesteś w nastroju”; przez rozluźnienie mięśni miednicy, zmiękczenie szyjki macicy, zelżenia napięcia, produkcję pomocnych hormonów itd. Zdecydowanie onanizuj się do osiągnięcia orgazmu jeśli możesz, ręcznie lub przy użyciu masażera, ponieważ to wspaniały sposób żeby skierować twoją energię i skupić się na przyjemności, relaksie i otwarciu się.
Some women find a hot water bottle or heating pad on the back and/or abdomen very helpful. Also, try to remember to purposely relax your pelvic muscles. Don't feel like a failure if you tense up through some contractions though. In fact, you might find it helpful to "give in" to the urge to tense up for a few contractions, and then relax. I was "given permission" to do this just once during my labor with Christiana (those wonderful midwives at work again) and found it very helpful. It's sort of like the relaxation exercise where you tense up each part of your body and then release it. I think it must be easier to release when you have some tension to compare it to. You can also try tensing up your whole body at once and then releasing.
Niektóre kobiety, uważają, iż gorący pojemnik z woda czy poduszka grzejąca na plecach czy podbrzuszu jest pomocna. Także, spróbuj pamiętać żeby zrelaksować mięśnie miednicy. Nie miej uczucia porażki jeśli będziesz napięta podczas niektórych skurczy. W istocie, możesz odkryć iż pomocne jest „poddanie się” pragnieniu napięcia się na kilka skurczy a później zrelaksowanie. „Pozwolono mi” żeby to zrobić tylko raz podczas porodu Christiany (wspaniałe położne podczas pracy) i pomogło mi to. To taki sposób ćwiczenia relaksowania się, kiedy napinasz każdą część ciała i później je rozluźniasz. Myślę, że musi być łatwiej rozluźnić się jeśli masz jakieś napięcie z którym możesz to porównać. Możesz również spróbować napiąć całe ciało a później je rozluźnić.
A friend of mine also said that rocking back and forth helped her, which reminded me that rhythmic movement of any kind is commonly very helpful. Try different rhythms if you like. Another friend of mine said that tapping on the wall during contractions helped. Walking and/or at least staying normally active is a very widely acknowledged way to relieve pain. Lying flat on your back is one of the most painful ways to labor according to many women who have tried other positions. Squatting, hanging by your arms from a sturdy object, crawling on hands and knees, dancing, yoga, and swimming have all proven helpful to some laboring women at some time.
Remember to play music (slow dancing with hubby might be nice) if you like. Don't be afraid to ignore your labor if it helps. Watch TV or see a movie if you want to. When I labored with Christiana I felt kind of guilty at times thinking about watching TV during labor; it seemed sort of crass at such a sacred time, and yet, if it helps there's absolutely nothing wrong with it! Sometimes laboring women become tense from focusing too much attention on labor and distraction is just what they need. Most importantly, do focus on the baby when you can. I kept losing sight of what all the effort was for during my labor with Christiana, and thinking of the baby really seemed to help when I labored to birth Angelica.
If you are a Christian and have faithful friends or family who are not afraid of your birth plans, you might also have them pray for you and send their positive thoughts toward you. Maybe repeating a helpful scripture over and over would help. I kept thinking, "God did not give me a spirit of fear..." during Angelica's birth. God will carry you through your labors and births if you let Him, and afterward it will all be an incredible, empowering, uplifting memory that you will carry with you for the rest of your life!
If all else fails and you still find yourself uncomfortable during labor, try to keep perspective by remembering that in 24 hours of labor there are usually only about 3 1/2 hours of actual contractions, with periods of rest liberally interspersed. Some labors are longer than 24 hours, but many labors are far shorter.
Another point I want to emphasize is that, yes, it's helpful to believe that your labor doesn't have to be painful, but don't be afraid to prepare to cope with pain. If you're having trouble believing for a painless birth, start with what you do believe! Don't just go around thinking things you don't believe. Ask yourself, do you really believe your birth must be painful? No? Good. Yes? Do you believe every birth is painful? Continue narrowing it down like this and somewhere in there you may find a starting point for real, positive belief that you can focus on.
Once you have a truth you can start with, there are many different paths to choose from...If you believe each birth is unique (for example) then you could write that truth down and stick it somewhere you are sure to see it often like on your computer monitor or bathroom mirror. When you see it, say it, feel the sincerity of your belief and then move on. If such thoughts come to mind as, "My last birth (mother's birth, friend's birth, whatever) was painful," just acknowledge "Yes, they were, but they are in the past. This is a new birth." If that is something you feel is the truth.
You could also help yourself to open up by reading birth stories that are painfree or enjoyable like those found at Bornfree! the unassisted childbirth website. Stories like these really free the mind to explore what for some is completely uncharted territory, in essence giving them the key to creating their own most wonderful realities. Our thoughts are very powerful, as Laura Shanley explains in her article Birth Fantasies. If you doubt it, she suggests, imagine scrubbing the toilet the next time you are masturbating or making love and notice the difference!
As for preparing for pain, some people say it's like house insurance. It doesn't really protect the house, it just buys peace of mind. The theory goes that if you prepare for it you won't be worrying about it so much, and it's easier to work on new beliefs from a place of peace than the midst of fear. Still, it's important not to depend more on whatever "insurance" you choose than a faith in birth and trust in your body's inherent wisdom. Our bodies were built to give birth, so we have everything we need to do the job well right inside of us. We don't need drugs or assistants, gadgets and herbs or special activities to enjoy glorious, pleasurable births.

Visit Laurie's website (http://www.lauriemorgan.com/)

Zostało chyba z 7 paragrafów, ale nie mam już siły. Tak jak napisałam na początku, jeśli będziecie zainteresowane dajcie znać to postaram się przetłumaczyć do końca. Myślę jednak, że cała esensja artykułu jest zawarta na początku.

ja oglądałam kiedyś taki film pt. poród w ekstazie. fragmenty są na youtube. polecam. ale podstawa to nastawienie psychiczne ;) psyche i soma łączą się ze sobą.

Andzia, ja wierzę, że poród bez bólu jest możliwy. Oglądałam kilka porodów w internecie, które wyglądały na bezbolesne i czytałam wiele opowieści z porodów kobiet, które twierdziły, że ich porody były bezbolesne. Najwaspanialsza książka jaką czytałam na ten temat to „Poród bez strachu” Grantly Dick Read, która naprawdę otworzyła mi oczy. Nie wiem czy jest dostępna po polsku, ale jeśli tak to naprawdę warto ją przeczytać.

Ostatnia edycja:
ja bardziej tak idę w tematykę psychosomatyki i biofeedbacku. generalnie jeżeli można kontrolować funkcjonowanie swojego organizmu, tętno, napięcie mięśniowe, przewodzenie, temperaturę to może to zredukować ból do minimum. dla zaawansowanych można poćwiczyć nad falami mózgowymi, głęboki stan koncentracji i fale theta redukują, a wręcz odcinają odczuwanie bólu...podobno :p

dziewczyny, nawet nie zdajecie sobie sprawy z tego jak silne jesteście! Też się bałam... ale myśl o tym, że pomagam mojej kruszynce przyjść na ten świat pomogła skupić się na porodzie i nie myśleć tak o bólu. Dacie radę!

reklama
JA NIE WIERZE,ŻE PORÓD MOŻE BYĆ BEZBOLESNY...CHYBA ,ŻE ZE ZNIECZULENIEM :) BÓL JEST NATURALNY....mozna czytać poradniki...uczyć sie odpowiednio oddychać...ale w momencie rozwiazania i tak natura podpowiada nam co robić..a o wszystkich "dobrych radach"... zapominamy...

Do góry